School System Christmas Card to Feature Student and Teacher Art
WADESBORO — The school board recognized the winners of the 2021 Christmas Card Contest at their Nov. 22 meeting.
According to the Board of Education, with so many outstanding submissions to choose from, it was impossible for them to choose a single piece of artwork to feature in the official 2021 Christmas card. Instead, 12 designs created by school students of Anson County and a teacher will be on the card this year, and the card will be mailed to local elected officials and community leaders and superintendents of surrounding school districts.
“It’s a tradition I’m so proud to carry on,” Superintendent Howard McLean said. “We have always received so many compliments on the Christmas cards that feature student artwork and we are very proud of all of the submissions and the winners.”
The winners are listed below:
• Kristy Gerald, teacher, Ansonville Elementary School
• Malichi Rush, Grade 5, Lilesville Elementary School
• Kolton Taylor, Grade 7, Anson Middle School
• Amari Ingram, Grade 9, Anson Early College High School
• Allison Honeycutt, Grade 10, Anson Early College High School
• Carmen Harrington, Grade 3, Lilesville Elementary School
• Isabelle Sanderson, Grade 9, Anson Early College High School
• Lidia Cano-Luna, Grade 9, Anson Early College High School
• Jessica Laney, Grade 9, Anson Early College High School
• Nicole Horne, 8th grade, Anson Middle School
• Kimberly Morales, Grade 5, Peachland-Polkton Elementary School
• Kylie Treadaway, Grade 5, Peachland-Polkton Elementary School
Thank you to everyone who participated and congratulations to the winners!
To support Anson Record, call 704-994-5474 or visit https://www.ansonrecord.com/subscribe.