Clarksville-Montgomery County School System Releases New Football Spectator Policies – Clarksville Online
Montgomery County, Tennessee – The Clarksville-Montgomery County School System (CMCSS) strongly believes in the importance of interscholastic athletic events and welcoming the community to our campuses.
Initially, the following policies only apply to football matches due to the number of spectators; however, policies for other sporting events at the high school and middle school levels will be evaluated and communicated prior to those seasons.
Bag Policy: CMCSS strongly encourages spectators not to bring bags. The following is the bag policy for all spectators:
- One (1) transparent tote bag (plastic, vinyl or PVC) per person is allowed.
- Clear totes must not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ and schools have the discretion to prohibit any oversized clear tote bags.
- One (1) gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar) per person is permitted.
- Clear bags cannot be tinted or have large graphics that obstruct visibility.
- Approved family care items (diapers, formula, etc.) must be included in the clear plastic tote bag
- All bags are subject to search.
- Prohibited items: include, but are not limited to: handbags, fanny packs, backpacks, duffel bags, coolers, briefcases, diaper bags, cinch bags, luggage of all kinds and computer bags.
- Exceptions: students attending the event (athletes, cheerleaders, musicians, etc.), officials/referees, and CMCSS employees or visiting out-of-district school employees may bring necessary bags to the event. Bags required for approved medical equipment are permitted.
Adult Supervision Policy: Children of intermediate school age or younger must be accompanied by an adult, preferably a parent/guardian, to participate in the sporting event.
- High school students from the home school, visiting school or community may attend the match unaccompanied by an adult.
- Anyone who violates CMCSS rules will be expelled from the event and/or banned from attending events. Law enforcement and/or school officials will contact parents/guardians of students/youth and there may be academic (for students) and/or criminal consequences for breaches of the Student Code of Conduct and/or breaking the law.
Non-re-entry policy: CMCSS will continue to enforce a no-re-entry policy at all sports venues. If a spectator leaves the venue, they will not be re-admitted, unless there are extenuating circumstances approved by school officials. Spectators must purchase tickets through GoFan. Tickets will not be sold on site.
Increased law enforcement: In conjunction with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office and the Clarksville Police Department, additional officers will be employed at each sporting event, on and around campus. Please note: All persons, personal items and vehicles must be searched on school property.
Capacity limitation: Depending on several factors, including venue capacity, availability of law enforcement and emergency medical services, and anything considered a safety or security risk, capacity may be limited and Restricted ticket sales. CMCSS offers streaming of most high school sporting events through the NFHS network.
Notice: At the discretion of school officials, additional policies or modifications to the above policies may be implemented and enforced.